Part 2 of our zucchini eating quest, these muffins are quick and delicious too. I modified this recipe on simplyrecipes.com. I ended up cutting it in half, as my muffin tins are very small and the portion looked big – it worked out perfectly for 12 small muffins. I switched to brown sugar and kept the spice amount for the large portion, as I love spicy cakes and I decided to add some candied ginger, which worked very well with the taste of the muffins. I had some homemade in the freezer I had made at Christmas – it kept very well frozen!
- 1 1/2 cups raw, grated zucchini (350 ml)
- 1/3 cups melted butter (75 g)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (115 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (350 ml)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (115 ml)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (115 ml)
1. Grease a 12 muffin tin and preheat oven to 350 F/ 175 C.
2. Mix together sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix in the grated zucchini and butter.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the nuts, ginger and raisins.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared tins.
7. Bake for 25-30 min.
8. Let cool slightly in the tins, then take the muffins out to cool completely on a rack.